Location: Stockholm, Sweden (no remote)
Seniority level: Junior – Mid
This is a temporary position for 2,5 months, starting in mid March and ending May 31st with a possible extension during September – November. We accept freelancers for this role.
DreamHack is now searching for a graphic designer for our office in Stockholm. We have a burning passion for gaming and esports, and now we’re looking to find more smart people to join our organization. We work with major global brands and new innovative ways of bringing entertainment to young adults. This role will be a part of the graphic team at DreamHack.
You will work in a wide range of mediums – mainly print for our festivals/esports, assets for our websites/social channels and some broadcast graphics. You will work on multiple projects at the same time with varying needs and deadlines.
Your personality and work should fit in a young environment within a rapidly growing company. You will work in teams with a wide variety of people with different skill-sets and experience. You should be flexible to changes with a short turn-around and be a team player.
You will be working with already existing brands to deliver high quality visuals that support our brand strategies and visual identities.
We expect you to hit the ground running, so solid experience within esports is seen as a big plus.
Responsibilities & tasks include:
- Deliver high quality visuals that supports our brand strategies and visual identities
- Work with product managers, producers, designers, marketing staff and others to execute first-class work on time
- Create on-site print visuals such as event branding, navigational branding and esport tournament area branding
- Create new layouts and assets for web, print and broadcast based on existing templates and brand visual guidelines
- Create marketing material for the web such as banners, social media assets and news item visuals
- Manage and prioritize assigned tasks to meet deadlines and handle revisions with short turn-around
What we ask of you
We believe that you are a creative thinker and doer with a passion for design, advertising and esports. You have a clear understanding of design principles and attention to detail with exceptional composition and typography skills.
You’re also good at managing your time and will speak up when stakeholders are slow to respond or create roadblocks that will hamper your ability to deliver in time.
We also believe that you:
- Have education or work experience with graphic design
- Are verbal and can set expectations to stakeholders to make sure you can meet your set deadlines
- Great branding skills – Apply established branding guidelines and come up with new and appealing design solutions that works well under the established profiles
- Great organizing skills – Capable of managing and completing multiple projects at the same time but also be able to prioritize across different tasks & projects.
- Great software skills – Good knowledge of the Adobe suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and some After Effects)
- Are able to keep calm, focused and solution oriented when a project runs into unexpected issues that requires quick turnaround revisions.
- Are fluent in English
Although not required, some nice-to-haves are:
- Experience in animation and motion graphics
- Experience working in gaming and/or esports
- Fluency in Swedish
- Multilingual, e.g. a third language
Is this you?
Send a short intro about yourself and your portfolio to Jacob at email@example.com. Mark your email “Graphic Designer (temp)”. We’re closing submissions on the 31st of January 2020.